Sseclusion to some people may be something not to look forward to. For myself, in this moment is heaven. I should probably point out that it is not seclusion from the world so much as it is seclusion from my family. It is a sad world I live in when being secluded from my family is a good thing. You have to understand that this is a whole new sense of freedom for me!
My dad came back for a second visit on Friday because he wanted to bring me a gift. My husband was waiting for him by the door. After the fall out with our children the night before and the devastation involved in that we decided it would not be best idea to make them go through it all over again. The conversation that I overheard was devastating.
My husband informed my father that until he was walking a repentant life before God, he would not be able to spend time with myself and our children. My dad proceeded to tell my husband that he was a hypocrite and he was just like his father (My husband it neither of these things). Dad told my husband that he (my hubby) had been trying to break up the family from the beginning.
I had the joy of informing my mother that until She was walking a repentant life before God that she would be unable to spend time with myself or my children. She proceeded to tell me that we were walking on thin ice with God and that I needed to rethink my marriage with my husband because he was verbally,emotionally and spiritually abusive.
SERIOUSLY!?!??!? Yeah, my parents have done nothing but try and poison my relationship with my husband since they split and we refused to take sides or support their decisions. They spew nastiness from their mouths about each other. They tried to convince us that with the exception of the pastor and his wife the church leadership did not hear from God and were acting in a manner that was ungodly. This is a church they were once a part of not that long ago. But the pastor and his wife could not hear from God for her.
So yes. I am thankful and content in this seclusion. I Do pray that God will restore the relationships with my parents. However until they are changed in mind and spirit I don't wish to be a part of their deception and manipulation or control in any way shape or form. There is nothing that I can do for them. They have nothing that will benefit me. I will pray for them never ceasing. I miss my mom and I miss my dad but I don't miss how they treat me or my husband.
Thae
No comments:
Post a Comment