Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Crack in the Tower

Sometimes I wonder if the surprises will ever stop coming. I find that I probably should not have been surprised in this instance, but I have high expectations of people who know Jesus. I expect them to act in such a way that you can see Christ in them. So when my husband confronted  my mother about some things in her recent lifestyle choice she informed my husband that he was no longer allowed to interact with my siblings. I was a little on the surprised side of things.
  I now find myself in a place where I am torn.  There are multiple birthdays coming up in  my family that I have  been invited to. My husband however was not on the guest list. I do not wish to walk into a home where my husband is not welcome, both have come to the assumption that he's not welcome in the home since he was forbidden to speak to my siblings.  At the same time my siblings have had a rough year and I want to make their birthdays as normal as possible.  I understand that my first priority is to take care of my family and look after their well being. I do not wish to betray my husband by going over there as he is unwelcome.
  I feel like my emotions have been shred apart over this single topic.  I want to do what is right, but how do I know what is right?  How do I make this seemingly should be simple decision?  I miss my family. I would love to see them, but not at the cost of the well being of my family.
 I am exhausted from all of this family drama. However, I suppose things could be a lot worse. 
I miss the days as resent as this time last year when everything was simple.  At least then all was well between us and them.   This absence of mind can not last forever can it? One day everything will go back to normal? Perhaps? Obviously not mother and father back together walking  with God and  living happily ever after. That's just unrealistic. All I ask is for some sense of normalcy to develop. I do not want to live the rest of my life torn because my parents wish to have nothing to do with me, due to my difference in opinion.
  As it is my neither of my parents contact me.  I have not heard from my father since the day he left his children behind and left the state. My mother has told me that she will always be here to support me. Yet she never calls and she forbids interaction between my husband and my siblings. I do not at all see how that is supporting me. I digress.
 Normalcy would be nice. However not just any normalcy will work for me. I desire complete normalcy with  no more hitches and/or complications. I believe I have had enough of those this past year to have earned the right to no more glitches in my happily ever after!
     I am thankful for these many learning opportunities the Lord is putting in my direction. 
If it were not for these trials I am having to endure, I would never grow.  No matter how challenging or painful a situation I find myself in, I also find that there is always a factor of good.  Sometimes it is simply less obvious than others and we must look a little (or a lot) harder to find  the good in a situation. No matter what there is always something to learn.This is one of the most difficult situations I have found myself in. While it is hard and it is not what I would have wished for my family. I welcome it,  for I will come out of this a stronger woman. With strengthened faith and a better understanding of God's Love.  
                                           Thae

No comments:

Post a Comment