My father replacement has contacted me and wishes to have interaction. I am sure it sounds like I despise this man but he is not too bad. My complaints really do not go beyond the fact that he moved into my family and took on the role of "father replacement" a month or less after my actual father left. He has twice tried to intercede on my mother's behalf and attempt to convince me not to be harsh on my mother as it is not her fault, or whatever reason he gives. And he has no evident relationship with Christ. Which I suppose all in all it is a pretty big problem I have. It is sad because under different circumstances I might be able to see him as a not as invasive role in my life.
The problem is not that I do not wish to see my mother in another relationship with anyone who is not my own father. I am not so disillusioned that I can not see the truth. I am not at all dwelling in some fairytale alternate dimension where my parents will reunite and live happily ever after. Regardless of the accusations that have been thrown my way by various family members.
I had a full expectation when my family shattered into bazillions of pieces that my parents would one day find other loves and remarry. I never thought however that they would be so selfish that they would attach themselves to the first opposite sex member of their own species that came along. Then proceed to move in with them. They go so far as to not understand why I have no desire to incorporate myself and my family into their sinful lifestyles. Nor do they seem to comprehend why I refuse to accept my replacement parentals as such.
One of my brothers says he does not care as long as our mother is happy. I find myself divided. One part of me wishes I could agree and not care as long as my mother is happy. The other part of myself sees the reality of the situation. My brother has always favored my mother, perhaps it is a natural part of him to favor his mother more than his father. Or perhaps it is a result of our fathers harsh understanding of love that pushed my brother to that feeling of favoritism of mother over father. Whichever the case may be the part of me that sees the reality of the situation at hand holds the title over the part of me that wishes my mother's happiness.
I find it to be disappointing. Is it wrong to have higher expectations of my parents who raised me? Alas, these are not the people I once knew as mother and father. They seem to have had their brains sucked out and replaced with oozy green muck that allows them to walk a life of sin without caring whom the hurt along their way.
Perhaps I exaggerate, but surely this is how I feel.
I can only pray that one day all four of them will see the err of their ways, repent, have that oozy green muck replaced with new minds and walk a different path. Until that day I can not accept them as replacement parentals or turn to my parents for guidance and prayer.
I love the encouragement I glean from the Book of Psalm I find it soothing to my heart and soul and I read it and feel the Lord speaking directly into me.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Psalm 28: 7,8
There is a song I remember singing as a child and any time I read or hear this verse i think of this song. Unfortunately I tried to find a video or mp3 of this song but was unsuccessful in my attempt. So here is the scripture:
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Psalm 91:1,2
I remember it always made me want to move. I could never stand still for that song and even still i don't want to stand still when I sing it. All the music i found was too slow and the words weren't quite right. Be blessed and thank you for taking the time to read.
Thae
No comments:
Post a Comment