There's an old saying " Silence is Golden." I think about it and I find myself wondering who came up with it and what exactly does it mean? Perhaps it is dependent on a situation. I am not really sure. However I find myself unsure as to whether or not I should allow myself to be at peace, or if I should stay on my guard.
We have heard nothing from my mother or father in days. Is it horrible that I find myself thankful for the lack of communication? My mother has written blog posts that have been seemingly directed towards us, there is no doubt in my mind that she had us in her mind while she was writing them. It is how my mother works.
"Maybe if I write this 'someone' will read it, feel bad and get over themselves."
Unfortunately I know this because I struggle with being like that myself. In a lot of ways emotionally my mother and I have a lot of similar tendencies. It is frightening at times but I am confident that the Lord will deliver me from those tendencies.
I refuse to acknowledge her blog posts. I refuse to give her ammunition or even feed her need for whatever it is she is craving emotionally at the moment. Perhaps I am wrong, But for now I find myself wanting to enjoy the Silence while it is here. Inevitably the silence will go away and more conflict will come. It saddens me that my relationship with my parents has come to this. I never would have thought that My parents would do such a thing or behave in such a way. Perhaps from the beginning that was my downfall? I don't know. The only thing I do know is that I need to stand firm in what the Lord says.
Thae
No comments:
Post a Comment