It seems that it has been fairly quiet on the family front as of late. Perhaps it is because my mother is incapable of picking up the phone and calling, and the fact that I have neglected to keep up with my email may contribute also. Regardless it has been a nice weekend.
We spent Friday night and early Saturday morning ( 1-2 am) with friends enjoying amazing food and fellowship. I even tried crab meat! I didn't like it but I tried it which is the point. The kids got to play with other kids and fun was had by all.
Saturday was enjoyed through laziness. We laid around all day, refusing to actually change out of pajamas and we watched cartoons and movies all day long. It is this type of day I cherish my family the most. Spending time with just us. Not going anywhere or doing anything too strenuous. Unfortunately the baby's pink eye seemed to have returned. We put more drops in her eyes and by Sunday morning it seemed to have cleared up. I did take the time to order myself a new sewing machine. I am very excited about it and can not wait until it arrives. I have a couple of projects I am very eager to finish.
Our Fourth of July started out with the baby and I getting to stay home and catch up on some very much needed sleep after a night of being awake with her. She seems to be teething again and she does not want to sleep. Since she had experienced return of the pink eye I did not wish to expose her to the nursery. After my Hubby and older kids got home from church we ate some lunch and played video games until it was time to meet our friends for more food and fellowship and fireworks. I was a bit disappointed that I was unable to get any firework pictures this year. The place we watched fireworks from was too crowded and I was unable to get a good shot.
My father sent me an email last week. He is booking a flight for later this month. I find myself quite torn. On the one hand I would like to see my father, on the other hand not so much. At this point I find myself quite content to isolate myself from my family. There is so much drama and I am expected to just be OK with it. My parents don't want me to object. I can not talk to them about it. They have said as much. My father even went so far as to tell us, my husband and I, that if either of us brought up the topic again he would disown me. We are allowed to interact with my mother and siblings as long as we do not talk about the divorce, the details of the divorce or how we feel about the divorce or daddy replacement.
Way to go. What happened to that unconditional love?
I truly believe that The Lord has told me that my relationship with my mother and father will be restored to me, but he also said that it is going to get worse before it gets better. I have a long, hard road ahead of me. Until we reach the end of that road I will find my peace in The Lord and in my family. I am blessed and I can not ask for more.
Thae
I am glad you had a good weekend. Although I am sorry to hear that everyone wants to sweep everything under the rug instead of talk about a huge issue! I will be praying for ya.
ReplyDelete